A chronicaling of my perpetual desire to escape (and the shenanigans that inevitably ensue)

Monday, June 24, 2013

Can I get a McPotRoast and a Supersized Peach Cobbler?

My Italian room mates wanted to have a BBQ last week. So we all got together last Saturday and grilled veggies, and chicken, and sausage (we were full/to drunk to operate a grill before the hamburgers even made it out of the fridge.)

Somehow we got on the topic of how good traditional food from our home countries is. There were 6 different nationalities there so it was a pretty interesting conversation. Because I love to cook, I said I'd make an American family dinner some night for everyone. The German, Italian, and Portugese girls (almost in unison) said,

G:"You mean you'll bring home some McDonald's?"  
I:"McDonald's right?"
P:"Oh, McDonald's?

While this is quiet funny, and I took no personal offense, I was channeling Barney Stinson in my head. "Challenge Accepted!"

I made pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, and peach cobbler for dessert. I didn't even have time to take a picture of anything because it was all gone in like 20 minutes. They all conceded that American's also have good food.

Right in the middle of my triumph, Fernando asks, "If I go to America can I get a McPotRoast?"

*shakes head*

No comments:

Post a Comment